Wednesday 19 October 2011

I was forced to find an IE Tester

First post in a long time. I've been very busy.

Normally, by keeping to W3C standards, I can develop a site and then do some tweaks for IE at the end. Recently developed an application in which I tested for IE along the way. Or so I thought. I was in fact, testing in IE8. Not good enough. The application came out a total mess in IE7. This was one particular customers IT Department browser of choice. This seems like a ramble but I'm getting to the point.

I then discovered IE Tester at http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage. This is an excellent tool if you need to view your work in various versions of IE without messing up your existing install. It works stand-alone and also happily access pages delivered by your localhost.

Well done DebugBar!

No comments:

Post a Comment